“Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog with 5 facts about yourself. Then choose 5 people you want to tag and list their names. Then leave a comment on their blog letting them know they?ve been tagged.”
Since I have grown weary of some of my ‘personal anecdotes’ (born the day James Dean died, wrote about the Sex Life of Schopenhauer, how I became ‘Wendell’, tightrope walking on the 10PM news, my experience with ‘a higher socioeconomic level of bullies’*), I’m going to try for something fresh…
(1) My disabled-but-not-incapacitated state has gotten me into the habit of walking with a cane; most often it is not for support (supporting my entire weight is probably more than most canes can handle), but to keep me walking at a regular pace, and I also carry it as a potential defensive weapon. I don’t know if I could ever knock the gun out of a mugger’s hand with my cane, but I might be just crazy enough to try.
(2) I am allergic to peanuts, but not nearly as severely as some of the stories you hear about these days. So you can’t assassinate me by blowing peanut dust in my face. While a child, I also developed an irrational fear of mushrooms that I have never overcome. So I have never learned the true joy of eating Shiitake and probably never will. And my taste buds are painfully sensitive to high Scoville Units (capsacin-type hotness), and many attempts to train them have been only moderately successful (in the last 10 years, I’ve developed a tolerance for Medium salsa).
(3) I have several areas in my personal tastes that may be embarrassing to the average internet audience. I like pineapple on pizza, the McRib, the Chrysler PT Cruiser, fishing hats (hooks not included), “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” (both BBC and ABC versions), “Sliders”, the music of Abba, Harry Chapin and Yes, the movie “It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World” and OxiClean, among other silly things.
(4) I currently possess almost a dozen books I haven’t read and have promised myself not to buy any more until I read these.
(5) I have a deviated ceptum that flip-flops so that sometimes all my breathing passes through my right nostril, sometimes my left. But most often my nose is congested enough to make me (GASP) a mouth-breather.
I also have a couple of college-era anecdotes I haven’t made web-public yet, but they both lead into specific topics I’ll bring up later.
Now I get to pass this albatross on to five other bloggers. But who? It seems that everybody I am a ‘blog neighbor’ with has gotten this before me. So, I have decided to go the totally link-whorish route and tag Scott Adams, Dave Barry, Arianna Huffington, Ken Jennings and Wil Wheaton. Yeah, let’s see how that works out.
*I’m going to link to where I’ve previously told these stories later… maybe. Check back here over the weekend.